MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - James News!

Thread: James News!
View Single Post

Old 08-25-2005, 05:21 AM   #17
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James News!

Looking Forward To Hometown Crowd
August 21, 2005

By JAMES BLAKE, Special To The Courant

Taking that week off after making it to the finals in Washington, D.C., was beneficial for me. It was important to have a full tank of gas this past week in Cincinnati, and for the tournaments at Pilot Pen and the U.S. Open.

Obviously it was disappointing to lose at Cincinnati after drawing No.1 Roger Federer in the first round. But I feel I played a great match against him, and my confidence remains high after a close match, losing 7-6, 7-5. There was a lot of electricity and energy in the air during the match, and I felt I played Roger close all the way to the end.

The day after the match I watched the footage to look for turning points and areas I can improve. Overall, I am happy with the way I played but will continue to practice this week to fine tune my game.

I am excited to be coming to New Haven to play at the Pilot Pen. I have a lot of friends and family in the area, and I've had a chance to catch up with so many people. I am going to have my own cheering section, so I'm looking forward to having the home crowd this week.

There are a lot of people pulling for me, and I don't want to disappoint them.

I know they'll support me win or lose; I'll be going out with a high confidence level, ready to get some big wins under my belt.

I look forward to seeing the stands packed!

Connecticut native James Blake will be sharing his thoughts periodically for The Courant before and during the Pilot Pen tennis tournament, which begins today and continues through next Sunday at the Connecticut Tennis Center at Yale.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-bla...utility-sports
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote