MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Gilles Simon's Chat Thread #1

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2005, 10:37 AM   #8
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gilles Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess
I only just spotted Gilles last week, at TMS Cincy, but he is the cutest thing ever! So skinny, but I suppose he's still growing, and he has the prettiest blue eyes. He seems very shy, particularly compared to the other outgoing French boys (he looked completely embarrassed at the attention when he was applauded as he came on court for his matches), but he was very friendly when I approached him for a photo.

Plus, he's good! He played the qualies but didn't have much trouble there, and went on to beat Spadea in the first round. He lost to Carlos Moya in the second, but that was a great match! Although it only went two sets, he really pushed Carlos around.

I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on him!

Oh, and maybe some of the French can help me with the proper way to pronounce his name. I called him "Jeel", but the announcers said either "Jiles", or "Guille". Was I wrong?
Yeah. He made progress it seems. I was surprised by the scoreline of his match against Moya 7-6, 7-5. It kind of scared me as i wanted Moyà to win. But you have to bear in mind Moya is not at his best and slowly regaining form after his shoulder injury...Yet, if he played well that's a good thing for him. I don't know his style of play since i've never seen him play yet.
You were the only one who got the pronounciation of his name right. It's "Jeel". Another skinny French player saved by his eyes in front of those who pay attention to the players' looks... He's seeded 8 in the USO quallies and will play the Peruvian Ivan Miranda in the first round.
delsa is offline View My Blog!