MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "I Love Brian Vahaly" Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2005, 04:46 AM   #27
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I Love Brian Vahaly" Thread

Brian Vahaly’s road to the season’s final Grand Slam has taken a winning return off the Grand Concourse. The 182nd-ranked Vahaly toppled top-seeded Lukas Dlouhy of the Czech Republic, 7-6(5), 6-1 today to advance to the men’s final of the GHI Bronx Tennis Classic at Crotona Park.

Vahaly, who won the Tallahassee Challenger in April without dropping a set, takes on Thierry Ascione of France in Sunday’s final. The 118th-ranked Ascione defeated fellow Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin, 7-6(6), 6-3, in today’s other semifinal.

Tickets for Sunday's 11 a.m. final are $10 with free admission for children 12 and under. Free on-site supervised parking is available in front of the tennis courts on Crotona Avenue. Crotona Park is easily accessible by train. Take the No. 2 or No. 5 subway to 174th Street, walk across the street and up the hill from the subway and the tennis courts will come into view.

Once ranked as high as No. 64, Vahaly will try to qualify for the U.S. Open at next week’s qualifying event at the National Tennis Center.

((4)Thierry Ascione (FRA) d. Brian Vahaly (USA) 6-2 6-3)

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote