MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Suicide Tennis - Miami

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #498
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I imagine it's very difficult to actually win a title. I've only played this game twice now, but I tend to make predictions for tournaments as they go along anyway, and only very, very rarely does every result goes the way I expect from R16 on - in the past year, that has only happened in Shanghai 2013 as far as big events are concerned. There's almost always at least one result I really can't see coming, which in a game like this is enough to end title aspirations.

As for this very bizarre situation in the SFs, perhaps a rule whereby a player progresses if both his first pick and backup don't get to play due to withdraws? It's pretty unlucky for a player to lose in a situation where both his pick and backup don't take to the court, I mean for all intents and purposes his picks didn't really lose.
We could consider this new rule but it's not like this sort of thing happens often so it would be very little demand for it.

In other events there are more leeway for the unexpected. IW and Miami are unusual in that you have to accurately predict all four QFs. If they had been played on the same day, which is more common, you can skip one altogether, just having to guess correctly one winner who will lose in the SF and ofc the two finalists to win.
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote