MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Suicide Tennis - Miami

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #497
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I think most of us had planned that one, I know I had Though surely Federer-Berdych-Djokovic-Nadal would also have produced some winners. But, as usual - barring another Nishikori surprise - it was not to be. This game is indeed difficult. Myself, I haven't won a title yet. Closest was Shanghai 2012 when I had Murray in the final.......
I imagine it's very difficult to actually win a title. I've only played this game twice now, but I tend to make predictions for tournaments as they go along anyway, and only very, very rarely does every result goes the way I expect from R16 on - in the past year, that has only happened in Shanghai 2013 as far as big events are concerned. There's almost always at least one result I really can't see coming, which in a game like this is enough to end title aspirations.

As for this very bizarre situation in the SFs, perhaps a rule whereby a player progresses if both his first pick and backup don't get to play due to withdraws? It's pretty unlucky for a player to lose in a situation where both his pick and backup don't take to the court, I mean for all intents and purposes his picks didn't really lose.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote