MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Johnny Groove #6 seed in Fort Lauderdale this weekend

View Single Post

Old 03-21-2014, 05:32 AM   #1896
country flag RicardotheGreat

RicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove retires from tennis

I'm relatively new to MTF so I haven't been following Groove's career, but I've enjoyed reading through old threads about the ups and downs of life as a pro player. And I have a few things to say.

Johnny, even though you never made it big, the important thing to remember is that you followed your dream. That takes a lot of balls for someone to do, and it requires a lot of sacrifice. Many people in this world forgo opportunities to do what makes them happy in favor of something that pays more or is a steadier source of income, but you didn't. You had the courage and the willpower to venture out on your own path, and you persevered through obstacle after obstacle in order to do what you truly enjoy doing.

That's something special. It really is.

Never support a pusher. Never cheer for errors. Applaud good tennis.
RicardotheGreat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote