MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Trafficking Thursday

View Single Post

Old 08-11-2005, 10:48 AM   #7
country flag NewTennisFan

NewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond reputeNewTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trafficking Thursday

Nobody else seems to think so, but I find Rusedski to be a good bet!

He overcame better opponents in the last couple of rounds than those whom Ancic defeated, and in addition to that, in some statistical departments (over those two matches) Rusedski shows a slight edge over Ancic. Granted, Ancic has shown a stronger service, but again, look at whom his opponents were. Rusedski may also have some subjective advantages: for one, he's playing in Montreal (may mean nothing!); but something that may count, is that Ancic has OFTEN seemed to have suffered while under pressure this year - look at some of the opponents he's lost to. On this occasion, once again, he's a fairly big favorite against Greg; my feeling is that this may affect his performance.

It's also worth noting that while Ancic performed well on hard-court earlier on in the year, his recent record on this surface doesn't measure up. Rusedski, on the other hand, has the better recent form on hard, reaching the semi-finals in Indianapolis.

Question is, DOES ANYBODY HERE THINK THAT MY REASONING CARRIES ANY WEIGHT? After those two horrid losses by Gasquet and Johannson yesterday, I don't want another loss!
NewTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote