MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ~*~ Hardcourt Season: US Open ~*~

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2005, 05:16 PM   #51
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Hardcourt Season: Montreal ~*~

Good win Richard. For a first match on decoturf, a change of surface, without any lead-up to the tournament and after a long hollyday, against a solid player (only in the second set...) it was good.
-Strong points: His serve! (just have look at the stats! ) his kicked ball do a LOT of damage and he made a lot of aces (some of them saved him...)..., as always his backhand (the passings he made on it were "lethal", in the t-b Youzhny even falled trying to catch one of them...), the fact that he still has this ability to focus, keep his head cold to win the important points and to always get himself out of trouble, his success when he ventured to the net (good stats in that department too i think...) which he did enough.
-Concerns: didn't play "long"/deep enough (two or three meters short each time) so he has to solve that and sometimes he was just topsining shots in not trying to be creative as he usually is...( ) so Youzhny could dictate the points, his movements because he isn't ok yet with how to move on hardcourt so sometimes he was late, his forehand which he can't hit flat accelerating as he usually does because he doesn't have time since he need a "long" preparation and he's late, his concentration which he lost at one point in the first set when he could have had a double break (4 missed bp...) etc...
(be kind with me: i don't know how to speak of tennis in English...)
All in all it was a great first match!
On to the second round!
I was so anxious! It's a relief to see he pulled that off quite well and easily. I even suspect him not to have given his best.

Last edited by delsa : 08-09-2005 at 09:48 AM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote