MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Alex in 2005

Thread: Alex in 2005
View Single Post

Old 08-06-2005, 10:21 PM   #132
country flag Nathy

Nathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alex in 2005

Well I did spend all my day at the Tennis Club today

Today was the match between TC Stade-Lausanne and TC Old Boy Basel. Alex's matches are the following: Corretja vs. Moyano + Corretja/Wawrinka vs. Moyano/Thron

Alex Corretja vs. Diego Moyano 7-6 6-0

Alex really played much better than on Thursday!! He touched the ball very well And has had much more ideas how to variate his game than 2 days ago aswell. As he won the first set after an easy TB (7-4 I think), the second set was like oh my god! An anecdote that illustrates he is well at the moment:

- during the TB (or at the beginning of the second set), he missed an easy smash (he smashed in the air, I don't know how come he didn't hit the ball) and he was like " " and then every watcher was a bit laughing coz that was funny to see such a player missing such an easy shot and he raised his hands like "hehe I am the best thanks " and everyone clapped their hands and laughed. That was so cool from him

So finally his first victory in a single match during these Interclubs

Alex Corretja/Jonathan Wawrinka vs. Diego Moyano/Joschi Thron 7-5 6-2

Never seen a doubles live, so I was happy to see this match. For those who wonder who this "he-has-the-same-name-but-he-is-not-Stanislas-Wawrinka", Jonathan Wawrinka is Stan's brother And man Alex was sooooooooooooooooooooo sweet with Jo!! He was like a brother with him, always encouraging him by some "Vamos" or "Allez" (Come on, in French) and, when Jo wasn't happy with a point he missed, Alex was always saying "No no don't worry, that's fine, you couldn't do a lot better" and so on. I was just behind Alex/Jo's bench that's why I could hear all of this

Here are some pics, enjoy! I will go back there on Tuesday but the next day of play is tomorrow in Luzern!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00669 copie.jpg (39.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00670 copie.jpg (36.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00673 copie.jpg (80.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00674 copie.jpg (73.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00675 copie.jpg (144.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00676 copie.jpg (207.7 KB, 9 views)

Novak Djokovic | Lleyton Hewitt | Fernando Verdasco

Seat #3 on The Federer Express
Nathy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote