MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Journal

Thread: Journal
View Single Post

Old 02-11-2003, 07:29 AM   #3
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

Mission succeeded, Seb, France has qualified for the quarters of DCÖ
It was nevertheless difficult we were the favourites. Furthermore, we had to choose the surface. So for me, it wasnít an easy an easy encounter to face. But one more time, we had great prepartation. The whole team concentrated all the week and it translated well towards Friday and Saturday.

It isnít nothing to say that you didnít lose a set during the first 2 days!!
When you play overseas, its necessary to return to the match to take on your opponent with confidence. The public can become more hostile and it is because of that it was necessary to take it seriously. To me, I think I played a good game. I had very little (forced- errors?), I was really aggressive. I responded as easy as the first point.

Otherwise, you exploded to the net on the first ball. But how did you serve?
(laughs J ) I wasnít lucky because the radar wasnít working the first day (*really??*) But I didnít serve better than usual. The net was relaxed.

Why didnít you play yesterday?
In face, I had a bit of pain in my adducter muscles (awwwÖ ) Itís a surface where I have a lot of (pullings?) in my backhand(?) and that hurt me a bit. If it was necessary to play, I would have held my place. But as we were already qualified, the draw was done and so Nico took my place.

You had a good celebrations Saturday night?
Yeah, it was nice. We just went opposite the hotel with all the French supporters (omg luckkyyyyy!!) and we had a good night. Otherwise, Fabrice was a little tired the next day!!! (laughs)

You otherwise play Switzerland at home next round. For the moment you havenít decided anything for the surface.
Normally, we would have to play on (Greenset put on wood?! What the hell does that mean?). the surface that isnít too fast. If I had the choice, I would choose clay. But in accordance to the rest of the team, itís preferable to choose a hard surface. Like that, all the team cn play. Arnaud will come back in March (J) and PHM too. We will have more possibilities for the singles matches.

And your opinion on the Swiss Team?
It isnít obvious but we have the advantage to play at home. It is always nice to play in front of the French public. Whatís annoying is there is Key Biscayne just before. To prepare, it isnít the best.

You arrived at midday in Marseille to play líOpen 13, a tourney that you appreciate a lot.
Yeah, itís true, itís a tourney I really like. Itís where itís all started for me. I really had desires to shin and as usually I will take it match by match. Logically, Iíll have my first match on Wednesday. Iíll play a qualyer and then have 2 days to rest. Because of that, Iím a little tired. Bye!

lol my french hw for the day...sorry if its a bit dodged

Last edited by esther : 02-11-2003 at 07:34 AM.
esther is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote