MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How far can Andy go in the US Open?

View Single Post

Old 07-30-2005, 10:49 AM   #11
country flag chalkdust

chalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How far can Andy go in the US Open?

Can someone explain the situation with the Pilot Pen in New Haven? Andy is on the Alternates List. I think he is a long way down the list but, hypothetically, if lots of people withdrew, would that mean he would be obliged to play the tournament or else not play ANY tournament? Since the Pilot Pen is the week before the US Open, this would prevent Andy from playing in the US Open qualifying.

I am wondering about this because it is surely quite likely that a number of players who are slated to play in New Haven will decide to pull out in order to rest before the Open, secure in the knowledge that they have a direct entry into the Open and therefore do not have to worry about not being able to play the qualies.

BTW, is there a faq somewhere that deals with the rules for tournament entry? I'm looking for something a bit more accessible and concise than the ATP Rule Book!
chalkdust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote