MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - tennis newbie's questions

View Single Post

Old 07-30-2005, 01:26 AM   #14
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tennis newbie's questions

Regarding rackets, a few basic tips.
*Babolat's strings are the best. A bit expensive but are worth it.
*Babolat's racquets are not THAT good, the good ones might be the Pure Drive + or team, and the control IMO, which are the ones that use Roddick, Moya, Massu, Clijsters and a lot more (the first one). But those are for more advanced players, because it's not that easy to hit the ball and controll it.
*Racquets like Yonex and Head are very good for the kind of player of your level. There are many racquets for many levels, and IMO Yonex and Head have the best for your level. I own a Yonex and it's worked quite well for me so far, and I'm not too great. (though i'd have to start thinking of buying a professional racquet but..)
*Prince is also a very good option, it seems to suit some kind of players very well. Yet, if what you need is power, because that's the good thing about your game, I dont know if it'd be a racquet I'd recommend for you. It's more to controll the ball I believe. But you should ask someone else about Prince rackets since I don't own one nor have played with many.
*Dunlop and those other brands are good, but... I am not too sure about them, I sort of don't trust them. But, you know, as 1sun said, the racket chooses you so maybe you try it and it suits your game perfectly well.

I hope that helps. Pretty much don't try buying a Babolat pure drive plus right away for example "just because X player plays with it" because, maybe its not good for your game or you simply can't controll the ball or racket, etc.

That's all I suppose
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote