MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE! CHILE vs. Pakistan

View Single Post

Old 07-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #3
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup: Chile vs. Pakistan

I didn't realize that David had given up all those tournaments. Crazy. And sad that he'll drop out of the top ten - a place he very much belongs - he should be like 5, 6 in the world with his talent. But I'm watching him play doubles as I type this because I didn't see it last night, and am totally proud of him. He played awesome against Arthurs, and now in doubles, well I just didn't realize that David was such a good doubles player. And you can tell he's totally psyched up, how much it means to him.

And yes, Nico will gladly sacrifice to win for Chile. Like you, I just feel that he shouldn't have to make the choice - not Chile's fault or his fault - there's got to be a better way to schedule DC. And I love DC - never want to see it disappear, but also don't want Nico to be ranked 60 something at the end of the year, and not get into Madrid or Paris.

Last weekend, I copied the Olympics doubles match for a friend, and thought as I was watching it how much Nico really sacrificed then. He could have say silver is fine for the doubles, I want my gold in the singles, and not played hard. But he didn't - he was running around, pumping up Fena like a little cheerleader...lol! There was a very real chance that by doing so that it would cost him the gold in singles, but he still did.

That's why I love the boy - good heart, very loyal person.

Last edited by NicoFan : 07-16-2005 at 06:56 PM.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote