MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE! CHILE vs. Pakistan

View Single Post

Old 07-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE! CHILE vs. Pakistan

An article in lun.com about plans for preparing for the Davis Cup tie against Pakistan in September.

I'm totally against this 10 days before thing - not that I have a voice in it...lol!

Nico has to think of himself first - he's got 1000 points to defend this summer (which is totally monstrous), and while I hope he wins, chances are that he will lose ground in the rankings. Nico has to play every tournament between now and the end of the year - he can't miss a tournament after the US Open just to prepare for Davis Cup. And its unfair to ask him too. If he loses too much ground, he won't be able to get into the Masters Series events in Madrid and Paris - both places where he has points to defend.

There is the Romania tournament just before Davis Cup - its a lightweight tournament that he has a chance to win or be the finalist for - I woulld like to see him there. And ditto after Davis Cup - no staying to celebrate. He needs to get to Palermo - another tournament with not many heavy hitters that he can again win or be a finalist at.

Unfortunately after the fiasco surrounding the DC vs. Russia where he was (wrongly) accused of faking his injury in order not to play because of Horacio, he'll probably be forced into the 10 day thing.

Its a shame that he'll be asked to sacrifice like this when Pakistan should be such a slam dunk tie for Chile.

But just my humble opinion.

From lun.com:

The captain wants to include the tennis players 10 days before the match and to call to a pair of youthful.

Since last week, the captain of the consensus is designed to his new works. "I communicated with Nicolas Massú and this week I went to converse with Fernando González", account. Besides it explains that, a month before the encounter, there will be payroll and will define their coaching body: "could be five players, more two of projection. I would like to see, for example, in what level is Jorge Aguilar".

-¿When would like to have the players?

-Some ten days before would be good. We are favorite, but not one must trust. Playing in the court central is not easy. Is in a pit, feels a lot of the pressure, the rowboats are different. They have played there, but créeme that is not the same thing by Davis Cup. Therefore we have to see if are going to want the slow court and all that.

-¿What activities has in agenda?

-I want to go some days al US Open, to obtain me videos of the Pakistanis and to work hard with them. One must win yes or yes.

Last edited by NicoFan : 09-07-2005 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Need better title
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote