MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

View Single Post

Old 07-14-2005, 05:15 AM   #93
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHOULD SOME CLAY COURT TOURNAMENTS BE TAKEN FROM ATP SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
The majority of ISG events are on surfaces other than grass, other than carpet, too.
4 on clay and 5 on hardcourts, but there are major events on grass and carpet, so no it hasn't been totally neglected.

So your wording has changed now, since the conclusion that indoors isn't a specific surface.

Quote:
Considering we have 4 surfaces, and 4 out of 9 ISG events are played on clay, one surface of four in total, there is not much to complain about clay not getting enough respected.
I still see you haven't tried to counteract the fact that 4 out of 14 of the biggest events are on clay, so this means 10 are on grass, carpet and hardcourt, the vast majority are on hardcourt, that is what it's about the Slams and TMS are the events that truly count, so yes 4 out of 14 is truly dominating.

Quote:
The differentiation should not be whether slow or not, clay and non-clay as you put this numbers; at best, the events should be balanced between all four surfaces.
There isn't a way I put the numbers, as those numbers are factual and so is the surface representation, how you choose to read them is for your own interpretation.

Who is going to fund the development for extra grasscourts being laid down? Is it going to be with countries that they can grow them in greenhouses, when the weather is too harsh outside to maintain them all year around.

Since the tour shouldn't be concentrated only in certain places, there is a chance that certain places would have less opportunities to host events, and how is that beneficial, if more people want to see the game.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 07-14-2005 at 05:22 AM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote