MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

View Single Post

Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 PM   #76
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHOULD SOME CLAY COURT TOURNAMENTS BE TAKEN FROM ATP SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Don't come with Davis Cup now. If there was regular indoor grass or indoor clay events on Tour I wouldn't have put it that way, but they don't exist and Davis Cup is not relevant for our matter here.
That was only as used as a reference, when we know exactly what the surface was, and it's the same for the events that were listed previously.

Quote:
When putting the "Indoor" category I was referring to the ordinary ATP Tour events, especially those we were discussing about, ISG.
You consider indoors to specifc, but the actual surface of indoors doesn't exist. Therefore if there were carpet or events on wood, then they'd be refered to as that.

The indoor/outdoor clay example, one was played outdoors and one played indoors, that is the difference and not the actual playing surface. If indoors is a specific surface, then please explain how that is? A hardcourt, grass, carpet and clay are seperate surfaces with or without a roof.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote