MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

View Single Post

Old 07-13-2005, 03:47 PM   #40
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHOULD SOME CLAY COURT TOURNAMENTS BE TAKEN FROM ATP SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983
I feel players like Gaudio devalue the game of tennis he pulls out of the biggest event in tennis but is playing the week after it use to happen with correctja costa all the usual suspects, thats what gets me these guys no they can make there $$ and gain ranking points on there little clay court events, i feel there are too many players devaluing the game because they can, these guys should learn and adapt there games to surfaces there not use to if not should be fined and even banned it's not good for the game.
Do I think you devalue the board with baseless comments that can't be backed up with anything concrete. More information for you, why is it Ok for other players not to do well on clay and yet have good rankings?

Corretja, if you did a search has won indoor events, a TMC and a TMS on hardcourt, so don't give me this rubbish about him not doing anything off clay.

Should you be frined, because you have an outdated, ethnocentric view of the game with this crap about Wimbledon being the best Slam, it's crap, not everyone thinks that or should think that. It's different for different people, not better, just different due to other factors that you can't comprehend.

Quote:
Some of you guys say Federer Hewitt gain all there points on grass these guys play the master series and rolland garrros and give it there all year in year out
It's not a question of being cliquey, stick to the old word where it was just players from the US and Australia dominating tennis, then everything will be fine.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote