MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

View Single Post

Old 07-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #32
country flag skel1983

skel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond reputeskel1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHOULD SOME CLAY COURT TOURNAMENTS BE TAKEN FROM ATP SCHEDULE

the previous guy said the majority of big tornaments i.e TMS and Grand Slams are not on clay, granted, he said federer and Hewitt earn all there points on Grass??? which was confusing as they play two tournaments a year on grass, my point was the Grand Slam is the ultimate prize in Tennis and the lead up to the specific Grand Slam should have the designated surface, clay might be the main outdoor court in europe but it represents 1/4 of the grand slams so it should be played for a 1/4 of the year two or three months before the FO, I think the scheduling needs to change AO should be in March with Miami and Indian Wells Late Jan-Feb time then April-May-Start of June clay TMS and Rolland Garros with smaller tourny's such as Barcelona-Mallorca. June-July start of August Grass court tennis maybe introde a couple of Tms grass court events. Then August-Sep Us open plus the two TMS events ending the season with indoor events and finally Masters Cup, with the surface changing every year what do you think

To get the best for the sport the players need to be playing on a level playing field i mean take Gaudio for example he qualified for the Masters Cup last season and was way out of his depth i mean, he was stuffed in every match he played because he is a clay courter he should earn his right to play in the Masters Cup which he would with a Fair Schedule which would show exactly who is the best Tennis players.
skel1983 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote