MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #12
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHOULD SOME CLAY COURT TOURNAMENTS BE TAKEN FROM ATP SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd2005
The clay court events should be all put together on the calendar, not scattered around, it's stupid as the likes of Gaudio skip the indoor season and US hardcourt events just for more and more clay.

But there's more than one season for hardcourts and indoor. There are 2 American hardcourt seasons, for example. There's also an early European indoor season and a late one.

Players are given their ranking on the combination of ATP tournaments they play plus the slams and Masters events. Therefore, it's ridiculous to say Nadal is ranked as high as he is because of clay solely - he did make the final in Miami. You may just as well say Fed/Roddick are ranked so high because they play so well on grass and it's not fair to those who can't.

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote