MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Let's cheer for Andy at Newport a great chance to win his 1. title!!!/Vote!

View Single Post

Old 07-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #38
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's cheer for Andy at Newport a great chance to win his 1. title!!!/Vote!

Murray Finds More Success on Grass

Eighteen-year-old Scotsman Andrew Murray , who revved up British fans at Wimbledon with a third round appearance two weeks ago, was a first round winner in Newport today. Murray gained entry as a wild card and found more success on the grass as he defeated Frenchman Gregory Carraz 6-4, 7-5 in one hour, twenty-four minutes.

There were two breaks of serve in the match, with Murray breaking Carraz to end each set. Murray saved all three break points he faced and converted on two of the six he held.

In the seventh game of the second set, Murray trailed 15-40, but saved both break chances to rally and claim the game. He didn't get a shot to break Carraz until the 12th and final game of the set, and converted the win on his second match point. Murray had four aces and two double faults while Carraz had four aces and five double faults.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:

Murray: "It was ok. I was happy that I won. It's very difficult to play on these courts. You can't really get into any rhythm, you just have to concentrate on holding serve. I did that pretty well. I thought I returned pretty well the whole match."

"It's quite windy today. I had a few chances on his service game and they ball just bounced over my racquet where on all the other points the ball was coming low. It was really difficult, you didn't know what to expect."

"I know a lot of people we're expecting me to win, but it's not as easy as that. The guy's a very good player, for me to win against him is one of the biggest wins of my life. I know everybody's saying that I should be playing Greg (Rusedski) in the quarters, but I just have to take it one match at a time because I'm not used to playing at this level consistently."

On potentially playing James Blake in the second round: "I practiced with him yesterday. He's a very good player, one of the best athletes on tour. He's starting to play well again. He's got a very good forehand and he serves pretty well, so it will be a very difficult match.

I know that there's a thread for aticles, but since this dealt with Newport figured I would post it there. Hope you don't mind.

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote