MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Let's cheer for Andy at Newport a great chance to win his 1. title!!!/Vote!

View Single Post

Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #37
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's cheer for Andy at Newport a great chance to win his 1. title!!!/Vote!

Murray eases to win over Carraz

Andy Murray continued his impressive run of form with victory over France's Gregory Carraz at the Hall of Fame Championships in Rhode Island.
The 18-year-old Scot, who got a wild card after reaching the third round at Wimbledon, came through 6-4 7-5.

Murray beat the world number 126 in only his eighth match at the senior level of men's tennis, and goes on to face James Blake or Antony Dupuis next.

Defending champion Greg Rusedski takes on Italian Uros Vico later on Tuesday.

"I know a lot of people were expecting me to win, but it's not as easy as that," said the 18-year-old Scot.

"The guy's a very good player, for me to win against him is one of the biggest victories of my life.

"It's very difficult to play on these courts and it's been quite windy so I was happy that I won."

The Scottish teenager eased through the opener, facing just one break-point on his service game.

But he had to wait until the final game of the second to break his opponent to advance in one hour and 24 minutes.

It is his fifth win in eight ATP Tour matches - he lost his first against Jan Hernych in Barcelona in April.

He then made a major impact by upsetting Santiago Ventura and Taylor Dent at Queen's Club, before going down to Thomas Johansson in three sets.

The Scot followed up with impressive wins over George Bastl and Radek Stepanek at Wimbledon, before a dramatic defeat to David Nalbandian.

His efforts at the All England Club lifted him 99 places to 213th in the latest ATP rankings.

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote