MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - MTF posters you would like to see play tennis.

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #20
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF posters you would like to see play tennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
You're one of the few people on here to have actually rated themselves. I'm curious to know if your idea of a 5.0 is consistent with the level of a So. Cal. 5.0.

I've also seen interesting comments from you about your game.
Probably because I'm also one if the few people who actually plays tennis and therefore has a rating

But yeah, the level of play can really differ from area to area. Although I'm probably at least the epitome of a Dutch 5.0 player since I became one eight years ago and never went up or down in the meantime.

Do you have a similar rating system like us? Here your dynamic rating changes after every match you play. Here a 5.0 is a 4 and 5.5 a 3, so let's say you're a 4.23 and beat a 3.85, you get a 2.85 and your rating improves, while your opponent gets a 5.23 and sees a decrease in his rating.
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”

Last edited by Chris Kuerten : 11-17-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote