MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - He won't play Davis Cup !

View Single Post

Old 07-03-2005, 06:04 PM   #13
country flag Lizan

Lizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: He won't play Davis Cup !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
I think Seb's circle encouraged him to take this decision : his wife and his coach. He's american, he can't understand the dc spirit as well as Thierry Tuslane
I think I'm like his coach.. I dont care THAT much for DC.. I'd rather want Seb to have results like he has now (wimbledon) and not play DC, then that he gets tired and loses in the first round of US open (like he did last year).. Thats much more dissapointing to me..

Quote:
Moreover, Seb didn't play good in DC these last months, I suppose he's not at ease with that. He's not the player who makes win his team, maybe it affected him.
I too can imagine that, but I'm not sure thats a reason, because sebs a professional (I think he can handle that kind of pressure), and Seb said it didnt in that DC interview..

Quote:
He thinks he has to be more selfish, like the other good players if he wants to make great grand slams.
Yes thats his goodright.. I totally agree with this.. He HAS too..

Quote:
Arnaud is an exception, he could play DC with back hand, he's crazy. But he doesn't have the same ambitions than Seb, for him, DC is his "lifeline" and he always plays great, that's different.
But Arnaud doesnt have results like Seb in the most important tournaments, the grand slams.. Not even close, with the exeption of AO 2001

Quote:
Now I hope it won't affect relationships between Guy and Seb.
Why?

Marine, whats for you more important, DC or Grand Slams? Just wondering..

Me Appy

Lizan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote