MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rohan Goetzke no longer Mario's coach???

View Single Post

Old 07-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #15
country flag novi

novi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond reputenovi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rohan Goetzke no longer Mario's coach???

Mario Ancic has parted company with his coach, Rohan Goetzke, concluding a two-year partnership that saw Ancic reach the 2004 Wimbledon semifinals and claim his first career title at 's-Hertogenbosch two weeks ago.

The 17th-ranked Croatian advanced to the fourth round of Wimbledon falling to 26th-seeded Spaniard Feliciano Lopez in straight sets. In the aftermath of that match, Goetzke informed Ancic he no longer wanted to travel the tour full time. Goetzke plans to spend time at home with his family.

"I understand Rohan's decision and wish him the very best," Ancic said in a statement. "I appreciate the many hours he has dedicated to my tennis career."

The 21-year-old Ancic and his advisors expect to announce their choice for a new coach shortly. Ancic is next scheduled to compete at the RCA championships in Indianapolis starting July 18th followed by the Mercedes Benz Cup in Los Angeles, which begins on July 25th.

This is from the official website of Mario.
novi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote