MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc.

View Single Post

Old 11-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #1203
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
From a tennis perspective Noah playing one day of college tennis would be a total waste of time.

Only current college player/recent graduate he lost to this year was Giron, and based on Giron's recent pro results he should be playing pro by now.

He beat Evan King 3 and 3 and King was 32-5 his senior year. Noah's level on hardcourts is already high and it will continue to improve rapidly with more pro experience. This isn't even taking into account the fact that his first college matches wouldn't be until about a year from now. That's a year's time when most guys make enormous leaps forward in their ability and results.

Also, bad match for him in the first round in Niceville. He lost the last four games of the third set.
Do you think Noah is a better tennis player than Ronnie Schneider? I sort of think that they are similar in mental toughness, no real weapons, steady when the pace allows for it but really erratic when the time is taken away. Noah, I think is a better overall athlete, faster, but Schneider' s shot selection and point construction is superior. All in all, they are very even but with all due respect to both of these two, neither one of them will have a solid chance to make a living if they turn pro. They both will probably make it to the 200-300 ATP ranking, which is as we all know, hardly the ranking that allows one to earn decent living. If Noah was from a smaller country and their top player, maybe then he would have a chance to earn extra income from endorsements and contracts but being an American and not really an interesting subject for any marketing, he will have to rely on his tennis and only to earn. Tough gamble! Certainly if that is what Noah wants, then more power to him . Maybe his family has the financial luxury of giving the pro route a chance.

I heard about his college choices from a pretty reliable source but it could very well be just rumors.
zumbazumba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote