MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Matt Reid Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #235
country flag Redline

Redline is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Matt Reid Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
Matt is racking up some late season wins in a South Korean Challenger. He's had back-to-back straight set wins and finds himself with a winnable quarter-final.

The big question is: will he get an Australian Summer main draw wild card next year? No luck whatsoever thus far.

Year-end rank in 2011 = 270, age = 21
Year-end rank in 2012 = 311, age = 22
Year-end rank in 2013 top 220 or higher, age = 23

He's at the level where he's just not quite young enough or ranked high enough to be a serious contender for the cards. But more wins here and/or next week will definitely help.
Each year is different as you have a different mix of players. The way I see it currently of the four discretionary AO wildcards Duckworth amd Kyrgios would be locked in. The other two might go to Groth and Kokkinakis. I think Reid would be next in line, he would be ahead of Mitchell, Saville and Patrick-Smith despite their ages. I think Thompson amd Wittington will get qualifying wildcards. All just my opinion.

That is assuming Ebden doesnt need one. I think Reid's best hope is for Groth to win the wildcard playoff therefor opening up another spot or of course winning it himself.

Last edited by Redline : 11-07-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Redline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote