MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mark "The Scud" cheering thread!!

View Single Post

Old 06-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #91
country flag victoria_maraude

victoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond reputevictoria_maraude has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mark "The Scud" cheering thread!!

An interview with Mark:

Mark Philippoussis says the days of excess are over: "I'm engaged to be married, I've sorted myself out in the past year and all I'm going to be doing back in Miami is to train and practice hard on the tennis court and watch DVDs with my fiancee, Alexis, at home. I want to lead a normal life, like anyone else...I bought my first Ferrari when I was 20. Who wouldn't? I did a lot of things. I wasn't mature enough to handle the expectation -- and I wasn't ready for the commitment I needed to give to tennis. I bought a top-of-the-range Ferrari, then, two months later, I sold it. You wanna know why? I was bored. That's when I began to grow concerned about the kind of person I was. I was leading a vacuous existence. It didn't matter how many cars and bikes I had. None of it mattered. I realized none of that stuff was important. I had everything, but I had nothing. I wasn't happy. That's when I understood why. What made me happy was not just playing tennis, but playing on the big stage. Suddenly I realized how much I had thrown away. I feel so unfulfilled. I lived my life the way I've chosen to do so, but now I understand that I haven't put everything into tennis.If I were to stop right now, I would have let myself down badly. I honestly believe that the best years of my career are just beginning."

TOMMY HAAS
RAFA NADAL FERNANDO VERDASCO DAVID FERRER
GUILLE CORIA DAVID NALBANDIAN
WILLY CAÑAS "CHUCHO" ACASUSO

MARK PHILIPPOUSSIS
AND THE FEDERER EXPRESS (Just too good to be true)
victoria_maraude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote