MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

View Single Post

Old 09-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #4643
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Dmitry Tursunov mentions Marat in a recent interview with R-Sport.ru. I've tidied up the Google translation a bit.

Quote:

What are Marat Safin's responsibilities now, do you know?

To be honest, I have no idea if he's in tennis or not. At one time he was vice-president. I wouldn't say I'm very advanced in this respect, I don't really understand the title, what's behind it. If a person is vice-president, that doesn't explain to me exactly what the person's involved in. The same goes for being a deputy. What he does, I don't know. Something like voting, but his specific task, I don't know. I know that he's now in politics. I think he likes doing it, he really gets into it. When we communicate with him, he speaks, and sometimes I'm ashamed to admit it, but I just don't understand what he's saying. Like everything sounds tricky, and somehow you even start to feel like a fish out of water. Or even just a bit like a fool. In tennis, as I understand it, he didn't put down roots as deep as it initially seemed. It looked like he was getting started, and then maybe he changed his mind, maybe not, I don't know. But I know that he's helping Zhenya Donskoy. It's a complicated process, it's difficult to do everything at the same time. You have to decide what you want to do and do it 100%, not just a little here, a little there, and break into ten parts, neither there nor there, making no progress and botching up all your efforts. Marat is a smart man, he understands this, and it will certainly be his choice what he wants to do. It'll be either tennis or something else.

Last edited by monkey247 : 09-20-2013 at 09:02 PM.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote