MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - French Open!

Thread: French Open!
View Single Post

Old 05-28-2005, 09:27 PM   #55
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Open!

On the positive side it was really great to see that Kiwi's level of play is much higher than in this loss against Johansson or against Grosjean in Hamburg. The longer the match lasted he seemed to hit his more powerful shots worse and worse from the baseline, but he also showed some strong shots and he seemed to have confidence in some winners, especially on his forehand. It was a huge difference for me compared to the Grosjean match where he just played too restrained. And especially no ton of really pathetic backhand errors like at Hamburg, could still get better, but it's just much more solid so far and it's good to see that improvements took place

As for his 1st serve percentage, a bit higher would do him good and of course it would make it easier for him. But if his first serve is in, it looks quite good and the speed seems also okay for me.

If I understood the commentators correctly, they mentioned that the weather forecast looks a bit windy tomorrow? Damn, I hope it's not or not much, I don't think he will feel too comfortable with these conditions

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 05-28-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote