MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - French Open!

Thread: French Open!
View Single Post

Old 05-28-2005, 08:32 PM   #51
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Open!

Too bad that Kiwi couldn't win in time. He was down in the third set the whole time but he still tried and he chances to break back again and again, but Andreev held.

Before the fourth set Kiwi already talked to the ref about when the match is going to be suspended. I think he felt that he was hitting the ball worse and to me it looked as if he wanted the suspension more than Andreev who didn't seem to share his view about that with the ref or the supervisor. The good thing is that Kiwi at least managed to hold his serves, like Andreev. Kiwi saved 15-40 twice, and in the last game of Andreev before the match was finally suspended he had two break points and I think if he had broken at that time they would have allowed him a few more minutes while trying to serve it out.

Andreev's forehand seemed to become more dangerous the longer the match lasts, not a good sign IMO. Towards the end, especially in the last game as Kiwi made a few really bad bad erros, I think that he was gesticulating that he has troubles to focus the ball properly because it was already very dark (on TV pictures it still looked quite okay, but I think that's not exactly reality because what we see on the screens should be articifially brightened?!). Just too bad he couldn't break at this moment when Andreev was serving at 3-4, but at the same time we must be lucky that Kiwi was not broken before already!

Hmmmmmmm... how comes I have a bad feeling for this match tomorrow? maybe some bad experiences with matches that got delayed.... I hope I'm wrong though and that he finds a way to close it out in the fourth.

PLEASE, KIWI!!!!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 05-28-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote