MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Magnus Norman

Thread: Magnus Norman
View Single Post

Old 05-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #298
country flag Francine

Francine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Magnus Norman

Aphex, I hope you don't mind me reposting the article you translated on the Cult, I left your sarcastic comments in ;

"This is the best paragraph from a loooooooong article in Sw. 'S' magazine on the bygone era of Swedish clay dominance.

(Journalist) However you succeded on clay. Why didn't any other of your Swedish contemporaries? (Vinci, Vinci, Vinci? No they only count RG titles and finals ) When there are still as many claycourts in Sweden as back then?

(Magnus Norman) -I don't know, but we started playing outdoors as soon as the snow was gone and prepared the courts ourselves with a roller. The club also helped us to get going early. That's lacking today. As soon as it becomes a little cold in the autumn the players go indoors, and they wait until the courts are perfect before they go back outside. We have to go outdoors, really. Put the cap on. It's on clay you become tough. ( tell'em Nors) That's where the ball crosses the net 20 times. Nowadays, the juniors comes to the court with their pants hanging, the cap sideways and shoot from the hip. (yeeeeeeeeeees ) You have to be more professional. Get out on the clay and learn to be tough. I want to see lots and lots of more claytennis. We don't need the extreme grips of the Spanish school, but we should utilise the clay."
Francine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote