MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

View Single Post

Old 07-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #14
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

This is a fairly big deal. It's not very long ago that the words Satan ad Devil were in the same sentence as homosexuality. The church has always been savvy at adapting when they see fit. They can see the turning tide and how the newer generations view homosexuality and the hard core stance of it being sinful flying in the face of the turning tide. Obviously they cannot do an about-face change of dogma or the traditionalists will have aneurisms.
What has been happening recently is a gradual change. I go with my parents to mass occasionally and I have heard 3 different priests give much softer talks on homosexuality recently than anything imaginable even just a few years ago. I expect it will gradually change even more as the years go by. Don't be shocked if there are more and more open minded comments like this from the church coming.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 07-30-2013 at 05:29 PM.
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote