MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

View Single Post

Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #3378
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I did read it and I agree with you: The Heist is not that good. I was disappointed by it.

The main letdown was that there isn't enough of the typical Evanovich tension between the two main characters. I did read the book to the end because I kept thinking that it would start getting better and it was just a slow introduction between the two main characters but it didn't quite happen.

I don't know if you know the tv series "White Collar"? It's got the main basic idea behind it with the difference that the book has a woman and a man as the two main leads whereas the tv series has a friendship between two men but the basic idea of a white collar criminal working together with an FBI agent is the same. The tv series does it better since the book criminal lacks the charm of the tv criminal. Janet usually is very good at this stuff but maybe it's due to her writing partner.

I blamed me not liking The Heist all that much on wanting to see the tv guy in the book guy, though. But if you didn't like it either, it's not just that.

In short: I wouldn't bother with giving it another chance.
I haven't seen White Collar at all. It sure does sound similar to The Heist. If you didn't like it either, I won't bother giving it a second chance. I'm disappointed; usually her stuff is funny and enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
Yes I have been there Maria... *sigh* well one of the last occasion to admire the GOAT I guess
What awesome, professional-looking pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
P.S. Anyone to open the Montreal thread? Miss(ing) Melanie perhaps? Anyone?
Really? I can if you'd like.

I see many commercials on TV for Montreal. They mostly show Djokovic.