MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Fabio Fognini - The Hope of Italy

View Single Post

Old 07-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #831
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fabio Fognini - The Hope of Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
In to the final in Umag. I'll be able to tell my grand kids in sixty years' time that I was proud to be alive during the Fognini era.
so happy for you

Fabio Fognini celebrates a memorable win against Gael Monfils on Saturday

VEGETA CROATIA OPEN UMAG 2013

FOGNINI SAVES 3 M.P. TO MAINTAIN TITLE QUEST IN UMAG Grande Fogna!

by ATP Staff | 27.07.2013

Fabio Fognini will attempt to win his third ATP World Tour title in as many weeks on Sunday at the Vegeta Croatia Open Umag.

The third seed extended his winning streak to 13 matches after saving three match points in a 6-0, 3-6, 7-6(3) victory over Gael Monfils, who had won the pair’s previous meeting at Open de Nice Côte d'Azur in May.

Fognini led 5-0 in the third set, and served for the match on three occasions. Monfils saved two match points at 3-5, while Fognini saved three match points at 5-6 – at 30/40 and twice at Advantage. He recovered from an 0-2 deficit in the tie-break to win seven of the next eight points for victory in one hour and 56 minutes.

In the past two weeks, 26-year-old Fognini has won the MercedesCup (d. Kohlschreiber) and the bet-at-home Open – German Tennis Championships (d. Delbonis). He has a 2-2 mark in title matches.

World No. 19 Fognini will next challenge fifth-seeded Spaniard Tommy Robredo, who prevented an all-Italian final when he took out second seed Andreas Seppi 6-3, 2-6, 6-4 after saving all three break points he faced in the final set. Robredo began the year at No. 114 in the Emirates ATP Rankings but has surged to No. 28 and on Sunday will appear in his 19th ATP World Tour final (11-7 record).

Robredo leads Fognini 3-1 in their FedEx ATP Head 2 Head rivalry, winning all three meetings between the pair on clay, but Fognini won their last meeting in Vienna in 2011.