MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - THE HAMBURG THREAD SF: Delbonis def Federer 7-6(6) 7-6(4)

View Single Post

Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #609
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE HAMBURG THREAD SF: Delbonis def Federer 7-6(6) 7-6(4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
IF the back is causing him real trouble;he should consider hiring Dr Steve McGregor to help him cuz this back has been an issue for a solid 2 years now and whatever it is he's doing despite turning 32 very soon is not helping
Roger's back hasn't been a concern for just 2 years.. this goes back almost to the beginning of his pro career; but it's not surprising if it's giving more serious problems for longer periods of time as he becomes older. As for which doctor he uses, don't you think he's in a better position than any of us to know the very best people that he can consult?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...er_lopez_reut/

Federer moves into quarters, but back concerns loom
Posted: Monday June 30, 2003 9:55 PM

Quote:
LONDON, June 30 (Reuters) -- No. 4 seed Roger Federer overcame a back injury to defeat Spaniard Feliciano Lopez 7-6 (5), 6-4, 6-4 on Monday and take his place in the quarterfinals at Wimbledon.

But the Swiss player, enjoying the best year of his career with four titles already, felt he was lucky to survive as he had to call the trainer at the start of the first set when suddenly troubled by his back.

"I just couldn't move anymore so I had to call the trainer and hope for a wonder," Federer told reporter. "It was very tough for me. I don't know. I still now can't explain what happened. I don't know how I won today."

"It was totally blocked and, you know, I was always under a lot of pain. As the match went on, it got a little better because the body gets warmer and you get into it and you try to forget it.

"Yes, I am exhausted now because of what happened today."

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook

Last edited by barbadosan : 07-23-2013 at 08:20 PM.
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote