MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - A tennis question........

View Single Post

Old 05-15-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A tennis question........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent X
My attitude is very positive. I think I should win every match I play and I fight like hell to try to do so. That\'s probably why I get a bit nervous if I\'m on the verge of losing. If I\'m on the brink of winning I don\'t really think about it, I just carry on as normal as I expect myself to win even if my opponent might be a better player.
Even Sampras got nervous when serving for matches, so it effects everyone differently. As I said it depends on the level and the attitude of the player, some can handle it and others don't.

Quote:
I managed to get through the match on pure adreniline. We played almost 6 hours, final score was 6-7 6-3 5-7 7-6 11-9. It was the best match I\'ve ever played, it was at my club and by the end we had quite a lot of people watching I also don\'t find tennis as tiring as some other sports, you get a lot of short little breaks in between points and games, so you\'re not constantly running like some other sports. I certainly felt the effects of the match the morning after though, I couldn\'t move
If you're Danish are you playing matches outside yet? I could see one of those scorelines on a fast indoor surface, if it was on clay good stuff? Yes, tennis there is plenty of time to stall and get your breath back if needed, but it can be gruelling as I know some of the guys where we used to play wouldn't sit down, they'd changed ends have a drink on the way to changing and then get on with it.

Got to warm down after those matches.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote