MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What must Tim Henman be thinking about every time he sees that roof over Centre Court

View Single Post

Old 06-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #10
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What must Tim Henman be thinking about every time he sees that roof over Centre C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
You got lucky last year. Murray would be going for the double this year if it was not for that bloody roof.
I find it very amusing the revisionist history that has gone on regarding that match. Before it started raining they were 1 set all and on serve in the third. Federer had all the momentum having just won the second set. Moreover, he'd held convincingly in his first two service games of the third set while Murray had struggled in his own.

At the time Murray fans were the ones who were happy for them to go off court so that Murray could recompose himself. The commentators were saying the delay favoured him because he was looking in trouble.

Direct quotes from the Murray fanboys who were commentating early in the third:

"as far as Murray is concerned the rain couldn't come soon enough"
"come on rain"
"[Murray] is hanging by a thread right now"

Soon after the match was completed somehow the story managed to become that Murray was dominating before the roof and Federer got lucky. You're an outright troll so I don't have much hope, but can you refute any of these facts with actual facts?
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote