MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - There is no finish line...

View Single Post

Old 06-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #301
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is no finish line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Title 77 today, up to equal 3rd with McEnroe.

It was also his 57th title outdoors, breaking the tie with Vilas and Connors on 56 and securing Roger the record on his own

Plus, he's now got 13 straight years of winning at least one title. He ties Connors there. Only Lendl (14) is better. He can tie him next year.
Yes this was a very important win. He also improves his lead in grass titles to 13. I'm perfectly fine with him not winning as much as before; each of these achievements is a great bonus.

He's also at a massive 121 grass match wins. And 22 ATP-250 wins, only behind Muster's 26 (sure, not an important record to chase).

I hope Federer can tie the record of reaching a slam final for 11 consecutive seasons at Wimbledon or the US Open. By the way, Federer has 12 consecutive years with a Masters 1000 final now, probably a record. Sampras has 11, Nadal 9, Agassi only 5.
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote