MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Yevgeny Kafelnikov Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2002, 06:30 PM   #89
country flag madten

madten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond repute

Today on the news they showed the meeting of Mr. Putin with Misha, Marat and Zhenya. It was in the official out-of-town residence of the president. Misha was very shy, Marat was just staring at mr. Putin and Zhenya always was looking upstairs....... don't know why.... That was fun. But concerning that Misha doesn't have much experience in such meetings (particularly with the president) he was doing great. He said "I wouldn't say that it was me who had done so much for the victory. Not only our team won the DC but the WHOLE country. I'm so happy and proud that I grew up in such a beautiful country and I love it". How cute.... That was so touching =) He is great. Then the journalist asked "what's next?" Misha replied: "Just trainings and new tournaments will start again and again". and hten Marat said "The same problem for me". Isn't it cute???
Mr. Putin got Kafelnikov's racquet as a present and all guys were awarded with orders of "Russian Sport Fame". All this was very fun to watch!!!
Zhenya is still limping a little bit and he said that he doesn't know if he still stays in tennis. He will see how his leg will be going... Hope it's alright.
I've watched all this 4 times in the news!!!! Wanna see it again!!!!