MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - OK so Mardy IS playing Rome - now he needs to win a match!

View Single Post

Old 04-29-2005, 07:21 PM   #24
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mardy's not playing Rome - he's playing Tunica Challenger instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Some of us have definitely not forgotten his ridiculous capitulation at the USO.
omg, I still have Mardy's Olympics final and second-round dismantling on tape somewhere. I find it really hard to watch Mardy's matches lately. Not because he loses, but it's the WAY he loses that really gets me (and everyone else too, I assume).

Throughout the entire second-round USO match, all I remember is Johnny Mac trashing Mardy the whole time. And Mardy deserved it. Remember all the trashing Andy got after that biazarre AO loss to Hewitt? Andy took it to heart and learned from it.

But everyone gets on Mardy--we all see and KNOW that he's squandering his talent--and you never get the impression that any of the well-meaning criticism is sinking in with him, or even if he really cares. He is so frustrating.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote