MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Russia to win the Davis Cup 2002 thread

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2002, 10:40 PM   #49
country flag vaiva

vaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught a glimpse of a special TV programme dedicated to the Davis Cup victory (they made changes to TV programme).

A few interesting details

B. Yeltsin used to team up with Tarpischev to play doubles . They showed them shaking hands with another *senior* players at the net

Dinara looks much better in casual clothes than in tennis clothes. She's so cute and such a lovely girl

They also showed Dinara's and Marat's parents. His mother said she's very happy to be in Paris and to be able to support Marat and hug him

His father said there is so much fuss around Marat and Dinara and everybody just cares about their results, but he sees all the hard daily work and blood on Dinara's feet after training and how she is tired

The tribute was payed to Zhenia. Although he was not the hero of this final, he led Russia to this sensational win for almost a decade. They showed his matchpoint in Sydney

Misha is really shy. The reporters were waiting for him in the airport but he just answered 1 question and ran away:
Q: Have you dedicated your victory to somebody?
Misha: To my Dad

They finished it with official award ceremony and then played "We Are The Champions" showing Misha play and throw the ball into the crowd.

I dropped a tear a few tears, actually
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote