MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who's Going?

Thread: Who's Going?
View Single Post

Old 06-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #39
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsOfTheWorld View Post
Hypothetical question...hoping to get to Wimbledon sometime in the next couple of years--probably 2015 or 2016.

I put together a couple of possible itineraries/budgets. These are all within a few hundred dollars of one another.

1) Fly in from Chicago on the Tuesday of Qualies, catch the full Wednesday at Roehampton. Get Thursday and Friday to explore London (I studied in the UK a few years ago so I've seen some but there's always more to see), on Saturday take a cheap weekend train to Eastbourne for that final...then Monday/Tuesday, queue for Wimbledon...grounds pass one day, maybe show court the other (overnight). Fly back to Chicago Thursday.

2) fly in from Chicago on Saturday. Queue Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, hopefully getting show court one of those days, and trying to get resale show courts on one of the grounds pass days too. Fly back to Chicago Thursday. This is the cheapest option, but gives me zero free time in London aside from Sunday before getting in the queue.

3) fly in from Chicago on Saturday and going four days of the first week...with one free day in London on the day I don't go to Wimby. This is the most expensive option since show court tickets get pricier by Friday. Fly back to Chicago Saturday.

Right now I think it's probably between option 1 and option 3...though I'll also apply on the ballot as well to see if I can get any tickets that way.
Option 1 is most advisable, I think. Not just because I love Roehampton, but also because I think it's physically well-nigh impossible to queue for three or four days without being forced to leave early.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote