MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

View Single Post

Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #346
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

Quote:
Kyrgios, who is the top seed in the boys’ draw, won his first round match 64 64 over Maxime Janvier of France. But it wasn’t exactly a smooth day for the 18-year-old, who was challenged closely by Janvier.

“I went through some stages out there today we’re I was struggling a fair bit,” Kyrgios admitted. “I came out there pretty nervous because obviously there’s a lot of expectations this week. It’s obviously good to get through and I’m going to try to go out there with my best mentality next round.”
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...-the-pros.aspx

So he was pretty nervous. It must be weird going from having little expectations (at least from a media and tournament director perspective) to very high expectations as the number one seed.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote