MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

View Single Post

Old 05-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #343
country flag xkyrgios

xkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
They are in the General Messages thread I started, but it's part and parcel of Nick succeeding. One of them was about Nick's grunts, personally I like that aspect of his on court demeanor as he grunts at the same times I do on court. That is, on important points when you need to concentrate even more. He also grunts to assert himself, like when he ripped that forehand inside in winner on game point to get on the board in the first set.

Nick gets to rest up now and use his main draw experience in the junior comp next week.
There are in the thread that StatRacket points out above. Mainly concerned with movement (which will be improved with time in the gym and overall development). But there are other stupid ludicrous claims like he hits with no topspin. LOL nick rips his forehand with heaps of topspin which is why he can hit it so hard and keep it in. The grunting and the emotion is part of his game, love or hate it. I think its an awesome aspect of his game and fits right in with his energetic and fiery character. Regardless of what is said, it was his first slam, he is 18 and the first set and start if the second was competitive against Cilic - with nick not playing at his best.