MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

View Single Post

Old 05-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #338
country flag xkyrgios

xkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAdz View Post
Pretty fair assessment from Dmitry. Will say though I have seen a fair bit of Nick over the past 18 months, he was not at his best last night. His backhand was probably 20% worse than usual, though Cilic pressured him beautifully into making some of his mistakes. That being said, 2nd top tier match in your career against World Number 11 with a hamstring complaint and no clay tournaments as lead in, I will take 4,2 and 1 most days of the week.
It was 4, 2 and 2...

No excuses but nick wasn't at his best at all today. Fought hard though and I was proud of that. Routine forehands that he usually begins to dominate points off, were missed and as you pointed out above heaps too many backhand errors too. These popped up more after the hammy agitation - but conditioning is all part of the game. He will be back. This was an awesome experience for Nick, and regardless of whatever negative criticisms are out there, he once again showed his character and what he is capable of this week. He isn't a person I would doubt and I look forward to the rest of the year.