MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Monte Carlo Masters Series

View Single Post

Old 04-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #19
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monte Carlo Masters Series

I agree, first set was really good and close. And I was suprised because Gaudio is top on this surface and Kiwi not.
As for holding serve at 5-5.... well, there have been so many breaks (I think 9 in the first set?) and it was not so surprising, even though the moment was the worst getting broken Over long time, I have already thought that Gaudio is too good on clay, but the first set was promising and it was rather decided because Gaudio made the most important points, and not more points.

BTW, I don't think that his injury is THAT serious. I guess it's only a little tear of a muscle fibre. If it was worse he wouldn't have continued playing and still being able to get a game, to get points while being injured. I really hope he's not out for long, but I'm positive. He's not playing the next two weeks anyway, his next tournament is Rome, starting May 2nd. I hope that gives him time to recover.

Overall, I would say this was still well done and I can draw positive conclusions from this match. After all, lets not forget that Gaudio is claying around since the beginning of the year while it was Kiwi's first match on clay since 10 months?

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 04-13-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote