MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too.

View Single Post

Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #2737
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titiless Nole Chat Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
So odd that a player who is nearly 22 and hasn't won a single title is touted as the next GOAT.

Tbf, Mikey and others were hyping him even before he beat Djokovic, but it's gotten 10 times worse.

But no matter what he wins now, we will have to hear him being called the best player and capable of beating anyone when he is "on."
People in MTF (and elsewhere to be fair) are getting desperate for the new faces. Ten or twenty years ago it was almost a given that past 26 a tennis career is more-less over. Now that entire top 10 is 26 or more, they are starting to feel uncomfortable I guess Just look at Gasquet who almost nobody takes seriously, he's still head and shoulders above any of the today's "young sensations".
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!