MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

View Single Post

Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #487
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

ah a heated debate

First off, let me say that these bombings are terrible, and they maim, kill, and traumatize so many innocent people. The people who did this are sick.

Now for the debate, I can see Echoes portraying a different point of view, and others being offended by his statements. I disagree with Echoes that voters are not innocent civilians. Much of what happens in the world is hidden behind a curtain of deceit, lies, and cover-ups. Add to this the media who play a significant role in how we perceive the world and it is incredibly hard to connect dots. The bipartizan system in America makes things much much worse. As Lewis Black said, they have a choice between 2 bowls of shit.

This being said, I am a little disgruntled by the outrage when something happens in the US, as compared to when bad stuff happens in the Middle East, or South America. The number of civilian deaths, injuries, and trauma's because of US/allied bombings in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and as Echoes rightly said, because of Drones are massive. Yet in the West we don't seem to give a crap. This has to do with the amount of media coverage ofcourse, but the ethnocentrism is strong with us Westerners, and really, if we are so bloody civilized, it shouldn't be.

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote