MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

View Single Post

Old 04-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #391
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beotiger View Post
Well I understand that the rule exists. I simply feel that its un just, and would be more interesting if changed. As in "replay the point, second serve".

I guess I wanted to have a debate about it, but then again, this is the S.Q.T.
There isn't much to debate about. Almost everyone (possibly everyone) would agree with your view point. If I were to play devil's advocate, the only thing I can come up is that it would mess with the "rhythm" between first and second serves. I guess it is an unsaid rule that the first and second serves should be one after the other with absolutely no gap. The same reason that after serving a let on first serve, players take another ball to serve instead of just using the one in their pocket.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote