MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

View Single Post

Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #168
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yup, I'm afraid WMF is tilting at windmills here.

Regarding Raonic, he's relatively new on tour and young and he is among the 10-12 best players in the world probably, so obviously he's pretty good. I said in another thread that I fear he might face the same problem Del Potro has after his surgery: he keeps getting niggly injuries all the time (and withdrawing from events sometimes), which makes it very hard to build momentum. It's even tougher for him because, unlike JMDP who has already proved himself and has the confidence of being a Slam winner, Raonic must be eager to have a breakthrough run at a big event - which is not viable unless he manages to build confidence and momentum over a sustained period of time. I feel these niggly injuries he seems to get far too often have held him back and could continue to do so.
Yes, I have a feeling Milos' health will decide a lot about how his career ultimately ends up. The 2011 injury at Wimbledon hurt his development for quite a bit there. He didn't come back until the fall and wasn't the same player he was before until the following spring. If he stays healthy and keeps improving at the rate he has, though, I think he can be a consistent top 10 player for a long time and be a threat in some of the bigger tournaments on tour.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote